View Single Post
Old 08.01.2008, 02:36 PM   #76
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Maybe its just me but I have noticed when reading this book that there are several references and or comparisons of Sonic Youth to U2... kinda weird to me as really the two bands don't share much in common, except The Edge "used to experiment with more or less outsider guitar sounds" (i say used to because the U2 now is nothing like the U2 of 1980-83) but not even remotely close to the level of being as adventurous as Sonic Youth.

I couldn't agree more, every time the author mentioned that loathsome band it irratated the fuck out of me. I think that David Browne favours a much more traditional 'rock' orbit.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|