Thread: DDN in 5 mins
View Single Post
Old 11.14.2017, 09:00 PM   #8
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
Around 10+ years ago when Pitchfork was still worth checking out, I remember them playing an April Fools joke. On April 1st they featured reviews by Avril Lavigne and others of that sort. They stated they had sold out to a corporation and to stick around and check it out. Fast forward to November 13th, 2017 and today’s feature review is the new Taylor Swift album. They even give a separate article about her upcoming tour! I’m not here to bash Taylor Swift or anyone who likes her, but Pitchfork has become the embodiment of an April Fools joke. Pathetic.

Times have changed though. Genres are less significant than they once were, and Taylor is big. Pop is now “cool” in a way it wasn’t 10 years ago. Also, Pitchfork sold to Condé Nast, so... I kinda feel for them. Extra money, but they’re more limited in how radical they can be. Serves them right though. Some of those early reviews, where the writer would take the reader through an entire Seinfeldian life anecdote before even mentioning the name of the album at hand were goddamn atrocious.

And they made the decision EARLY on to modify their editorial opinions based on the ebb and flow of trends. They deleted reviews, they have these weekend old album reviews now that allow them to retcon their initial shitty review of, say, I dunno... Nine Inch Nails’ “The Fragile.” Now that NIN has a place in the world of pseudo-underground cool, they no longer think the album is a 2.0. NOW it’s an 8.5 or whatever the fuck.

Really very stupid. All of it.

The Needle Drop is no better. That asshole always hates the best shit! Who the fuck gives Burial’s “Rival Dealer” a crap review? What kind of sick mind must that shit take? Fucking sicko.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|