View Single Post
Old 03.13.2014, 08:58 AM   #218
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm kinda feeling like most of Mastermind sounds a little forced. But that could be because I made the mistake of reading the pitchfork review.
can't trust Pitchfork anymore. they gave Mastermind a lower score than "God Forgives, I Don't".. do those fools even listen to music or do they just skim through it?

this album is in the same vein as Deeper Than Rap and Teflon Don (which they loved), not God Forgives.

God Forgives sucked because it really was too forced, the industry was hyping it up as the modern Life After Death and Ross crushed under the pressure.
however this time Ross was in his zone, just having fun, getting high in the studio and making some dope music with his acquaintances.

i'll take "Nobody" as an example, people were going to give him shit for remaking a Biggie song, but Ross' flow had them shook.

by the way, i don't even think it's his best release, but it's definitely a good album.
it's like what you said about Hov.. they bash an artist for the same reasons they praised them.

besides, the critics always kinda hated him.
they're kinda like those youtube commentors who recycle the same ol' jokes about him being fat or his past as a correctional officer.

they say they wanna see the man behind the character. i don't see anyone complaining about DOOM's character, right?

Mastermind still topped the charts (with higher first week sales than Oxymoron) without any hit singles..
the people definitely fuck with Ross. fuck what a critic says.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|