View Single Post
Old 10.01.2013, 01:44 PM   #17996
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I like Viggo Mortensen in that as Satan. The followups aren't too bad...you are right about walken.

I thought the Satan was a perfect balance to Chris Walken, in fact, Walken probably could have played either role interchangeably, but casting Viggo was a plus. He was seductive yet menacing, threatening yet cordially. The perfect devil. He wasn't a horror villain like the Lord of Darkness in Legend, who is the other proto-typical devil, but he is the more realistic rendition.

Still, Walken takes the cake in that movie, his delivery perfectly portrayed the swag filled angst of a quasi-divine being. That, and subtly, it wasn't emphasized but neither Gabriel nor Satan were unlimited or all-powerful, they were clearly limited in many ways, which was an added theological touch of realism.

That little girl did a pretty stellar job of going back and forth between a cute little girl and insanely psychotic war criminal.

I think if this flick were done by nothing but an A cast, it would have been a blockbuster, but then again, I liked the more obscure casting, it added to the value. Thriller and horror flicks work so much better when you don't know the cast, that way you don't project or compare their previous roles, the film you're watching gets to stand for itself.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|