View Single Post
Old 12.04.2011, 10:49 AM   #15294
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
haven't seen that. Where would you rank it among all films by Antonioni? (assuming you've seen them). I was just watching Red Desert last night which is great. I think it's a beautiful film with some of the most fascinating images of all time even... I also felt it lacked an engaging story overall. I was fine with the idea of Monca Vitti's character being released from the hospital and remembering her attempting to commit suicide... and the way her emotional breakdown is juxtaposed with the greyness of the factories, the poisonous gas, and all of that fog... and the scene where she's telling the story to her son in the hospital is filled with great visuals of the sea. I just feel like it has it's dull moments as well that seemed a bit pointless. Still an excellent experience.

I'm not very familiar with his work as a whole though.

I'd put L'Avventura at the very top of Antonioni's films.

I've not seen all his stuff but, of the stuff I have seen, I'd rank them:

1, L'Avventura
2. L'Eclisse
3. La Notte
4. Chronicle of a Love
5. The Red Desert
6. The Passenger
7. Zabriskie Point
8. Blow Up
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|