View Single Post
Old 01.31.2010, 07:02 AM   #1053
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
For all that Myst talk a couple of days ago: yeah, the Myst games are like Keeping It Simple put, point and click adventure games involving mostly walking around and figuring out how to use contraptions that really don't make any sense.

To add to the perceived boredom you'd think the game would contain, the first games in the series were just pictures that you navigated. Yeah I guess it seems boring, there is next to no dialogue in the original Myst, only three characters have dialogue and you barely ever talk to them. But I dig them because the locals, and mystery, and puzzles are all enjoyable. The Stoneship Age in the first game always makes me think of Slint's Good Morning Captain. It's really more of an interactive movie that anything, but I enjoy them, for whatever reason.

That and I'm kind of a sucker for adventure games, it's my favorite genre.

Played and beat this the other day:

Kind of cheesed me off more than anything since it makes me want to play MGS4 more than ever, problem is I don't own a PS3.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|