View Single Post
Old 01.02.2017, 03:21 PM   #1018
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

I watched this in its entirety when I was with my family on Christmas. Pretty good. I still don't know if I'm sold on Tom Hiddleston as James Bond (frankly I think Idris Elba would be better), but this was a good adaptation of a good post-Cold War Le Carré novel.

It's smart and well-paced. Not at all action heavy but it's Le Carré, so you already know that. Overall, well done. Plus it had that awkward 59-something British chick from Broadchurch -- essentially reprising her role on Broadchurch only with spy stuff instead of small town murder stuff -- and I like her.

One thing that was exceptional about it was the cinematography and camerawork. It's absolutely cinema-level. Moreso than Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones or Sopranos or anything else I've really seen. Flows together like a film, could have been directed by Ridley Scott. Very crisp, very clean, no shortcuts.

4/5 if I had to give it a rating. Not really my conceptual cup of tea, but it certainly pulls you right in.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|