View Single Post
Old 03.16.2010, 02:43 PM   #1198
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei
i'm afraid is not. all MD recordings dubbed to WAV have some static above the highest frequencies, and can be clearly seen in the spectral view. Lossy encoders erase all that data leaving the view blank (black), which is the case of this recording.

also, i've compared my minidisc version with this one and it's not the same. to my best knowledge, ther are just two recordings of this particular gig. The MD that was seed on dime by Phil Snider (recorded by a friend of his) and Phil Snider's own DAT recording (CSB > TCD-D100) which was not seeded because it was "distorted on the loud parts"... like this one...

Anyway, since the MD version i have is better sounding and not re-encoded i'll upload it on here most probaly tomorrow.

best,
Andrei

hmmm-- so you speculate that the one I have is a dat>mp3 conversion? would seem to be really odd, since I got it from the source way back in the day.....I suppose it might have been transferred wrong, but the taper didn't have many computer skills back then, and usually did a direct transfer from the md or dat to a standalone cd burner.....

whatever, appreciate your vigilance!
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|