View Single Post
Old 10.24.2008, 10:40 AM   #31
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
that is incredibly false. the flying luttenbachers, the contortions, brainbombs, the silver daggers, etc.. are all bands who use horns and end up coming off as free jazz infused punk way more than fucking ska. the only people "who just end up sounding ska" are very poor and misfortunate and misguided morons. a horn section is just a great way to add an immediate element of free jazz or improv to the sound. nation of ulysses did this well.

It's not incredibly false.

I'm not saying that bands try not to sound ska but end up doing so, I'm saying that most of the time when horns and punk meet, they go ska.

Sure there are a lot of bands that don't sound ska, but for everyone that you can name, there are like 20 that didn't see anything other than ska as an option.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|