View Single Post
Old 12.08.2014, 04:50 PM   #6108
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
demonyo is the one who singled out the lower levels of the prem as such-- take it up with him, i'd love to hear both of you discuss league styles.

What I meant is stereotypes about the Prem are truer of the lower level teams than of the league as a whole. The increasingly international exchange of players, managers and ideas at the top end of all the major leagues means the bigger clubs in all the top leagues are now playing in a broadly similar style. But what I do think remains unique about the Prem is the regularity with which established top teams will be beaten by much lower ranked ones. That obviously happens in other leagues too but hardly a week goes by in the Prem when at least one of the 'big 4/5' teams isn't beaten by a side usually ranked far further down. Or if they do win made to work really hard for it, weekin week out.

I saw an interview recently with Mourinho saying just that. He confessed to being bored while at Real, when the only game he really knew was always gonna be a challenge was against Barca, and the same at Inter when (with Juve relegated) he knew the only games he really had to work for was the Milan derby.

Edit: found the interview. It's a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJtGya305l4
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|