View Single Post
Old 05.18.2019, 01:02 AM   #175
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Another one: "Pressing: (First printing) 60 copies; (Second printing) Undisclosed number of copies." Come on! But yes, there are FLACs. Out now: Charles Hayward, Objects Of Desire.

Quote:
60 minute field recording from founding member of This Heat, Charles Hayward.
Charles, who we have known for many years wrote to us [Blank Editions] with the proposal of releasing a field recording he had initially constructed back in the mid '70s. Charles wanted this recording to be specifically released on cassette to further appropriate the recordings intention.

Here are some words from Charles about the recording itself:
"Objects Of Desire, this is how I remember it: summer of 1975 I had the house to myself. I had some ideas that I wanted to make real. So I did what I'd always done, work with what was to hand. I'd record onto one cassette machine, play that back into the room while also adding something live, ultra primitive overdubbing. I'd been doing a lot of thinking about how music didn't really work in an either/or way, it was only our need to put things in boxes that did that, so whatever the next idea, that was what I made. I deliberately avoided using the drum kit too much, instead I focussed on my collection of instruments collected since childhood, junk market finds, radio noise clouds, second hand keyboards advertised in the back of the Melody Maker, plastic swanee whistles from Woolworth's taped together, kazoos, an old tape found in a Soho dustbin. At the same time the simple cassette machines added their own presence to the sound, whispering traffic passing unpredictably, the crude compression breathing; a lot of the work happened inside the machines."

https://blankeditions.bandcamp.com/a...ts-of-desire-2

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|