View Single Post
Old 01.07.2015, 05:02 PM   #18443
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
is he negative about it? i thought he was fucking proud. get the discs (2 of them) & check out the commentaries, etc. he's pissed that it was cancelled but both him and pamela adlon were very proud of their work-- which btw c.k. compares it to the honeymooners (they even went for a similar look in the apartment).

can't think of any blockbusters that were about rags to riches stories but for example there's this class-conscious comedy from late 80s/early 90s called "dutch" featuring the al bundy guy as some working class dude dating a rich lady and he goes to pick up the lady's kid for thanksgiving... all kind of shit ensues. but the thing is that this working class schmoe is a millionaire who owns a fucking construction company. and so love triumphs in the end. al bundy the shoe salesman on the other hand is painted as a loser and an object of ridicule.

oh wait there is plenty of that material in the yuppie age about "getting out". the secret of my success, trading places... even a pink-collar revolt like "9 to 5" ends up in marriage and yuppiedom. the 80s were a time of ideological carnage. after that, if you don't have a trust fund it's your own damn fault.

the british thank fuck gave us mike leigh who is still making films. haven't watched his latest. last i saw was vera drake which in recollection was very good. but that's just a drop in the bucket.

if you want working class british films watch Selfish Giant. Brilliant film.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|