View Single Post
Old 08.27.2013, 08:48 AM   #17322
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
That sounds awful, I guess the UK version must be a different transfer, I think the aspect ratio was 1:85, and there certainly wasn't any blanking on the left and right edges.

i looked it up and the aspect ratio is indeed 1.66. so in a typical wide screen tv (16:9 = 1.78) it should have black bars on the sides. in the old-tv screen it should have bars on top and bottom.

and it was shot on 35 mm, not 16mm (the usual 1.66 aspect ratio is for super-16) so it definitely warrants a blu-ray reissue.

plus the subtitles provided are burned on the video image not built into the dvd and they look terrible.

i was re-watching the first 45 minutes last night and counting the shots. i think it was 9 or 10 by the time we stopped (it was late). amazing movie, it's like nothing else i've seen. deliciously slow. and in spite of the bad transfer and image problems-- gorgeous.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|