View Single Post
Old 02.26.2013, 06:12 PM   #3085
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Blood Meridian is a brilliant book and to evollove and thingymajig it has one of my fav. endings in any book.

SPOILER REQUEST: Seriously, could someone PM the ending? Or tell me if the wikipedia synopsis is good enough?

I am in the minority with CM. He's generally regarded as one of America's greatest living writer. Yes, critics can be wrong. But I mean a significant number of writers and thinkers on literature who I respect and share similar tastes with starkly diverge with me when it comes to McCarthy. So maybe I'm wrong for being unable to finish any of the six books I've tried without skimming, skipping or giving up.

My beef with him is his characters are non-existent, his stories are boilerplate, his style makes me think of a guy who can't figure out if he wants to be Faulkner or Hemingway so he tries to marry the two. Ultimately I'm turned off by the relentless pessimism, only enlivened now and then by quaint, folksy voices (sheriff in No Country, family at end of Road, etc.). I think I'm supposed to (mostly) despair for humanity after reading his books, but I only despair for him.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|