View Single Post
Old 11.04.2011, 12:48 PM   #7
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I am right now.... didn't like the first track, but I'm digging the second.

Thanks!

Man, this band deserves so much more credit than they get in the US (which is less than none). Every once in a while you hear "Song 2" on a "CLASSIC ALTERNATIVE" station in between Soundgarden and Blind Melon, and they've taken to playing it at sports events, but jesus.... that's about the most non-Blur song I've yet heard from the band.

Living in the UK, as well as briefly in Canada, has totally ruined my image of the US. Not that Britain's perfect... when I was there you couldn't stroll through Picadilly without seeing a poster for Coldplay's "A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD", but Blur is just so different. I can't believe that the only way most people in the US know them is through their NME-induced "war" with Oasis. And that's only the people who remember Oasis, of which there are few.

Jesus I've spent a total of at least 45 minutes of my workday reading and talking about Blur. I should probably start, like, working. Luckily I'm at the desk for the rest of the day, so I can dig MLIR.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|