View Single Post
Old 06.24.2007, 01:26 PM   #129
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
It was never going to be perfect but the programme yesterday was very dissappointing. At the start i thought it was going to be a television version of Our Band Could be your life which would have been great but there was far too much Nirvana and REM. I recognised one of the TRilogy parts from Daydream Nation near the start but i dont think Sonic Youth were mentioned at all, and seeing how the main thrust was Nirvana rather than 80s indie rock (it was basically Nirvana and REM not "alternative rock", though that term repulses me) youd think theyd highlight all the other stuff more than they did. Im really only a casual Nirvana fan but surely theres much more to mention than what they did. Still, i wasnt expecting much anyway and they did put up some Black Flag, possibly because they had Rollins in an interview.
But for any youngsters looking for something more than Nirvana there were nothing more than passing references to other bands from the time, and thats the worst thing
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|