View Single Post
Old 07.06.2006, 12:21 AM   #65
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
OK, whatever.
I'm really not worked up about the fact that you don't like their music. Lots of people I know don't like their music. To see it as nothing more than a pissing-contest display of chops is to see it in its most one-dimensional sense. I saw your attitude as flip and dismissive, which I still do. However, I am now at the point where I realize there is no way to get you to see what I am trying to get you to see in their aesthetic. Lightning Bolt's audience is not comprised of people who listen to Steve Vai records; they have turned the whole notion of "virtuosity" on its ear. I cannot make you see this, so I'll stop here.

Feel free not to like them, and feel free to continue to be oblivious to their whole aesthetic.
Gorilla? What gorilla?

I cannot make you see the gorilla, and I tried as best I could.

Haha. I'm not saying that they are loved by Vai fans. I get that they are using the Vai formula and "turning it on its head." That just doesn't work. It's still the same horrendous formula.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|