View Single Post
Old 03.24.2006, 10:39 AM   #72
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Quick responses to some of last night's comments before I go to work, if I may:

Hey, no need to apologise, !@#$%!. but be fair, you don't know how much Beethoven I've heard. It happens to be a lot, and I'm just not too keen, that's all. And I would return to the overrated by comparison point. It's impossible to out of my league when it's about opinions - we can all state them. If there's ever a thread about the qualitative and quantatative aspects of LvB's work then I'll expand my points a little.

THe jazz thing, two points - Kenny G/Jamie Cullum etc etc etc are pop, not jazz, in my opinion. If I'd remembered Kenny G, he'd have been in the pop list with JC. Only non-jazz people think of them as jazz, really. They may have come from the jazz world but they are definitely now pop.

And, !@#$%!: I didn't expand on the jazz thing because this is a thread about overrated bands - it seemed out of place. I just thought I'd make the point that the jazz world seems to me more able to identify the greats. There is no jazz equivalent of the Foo Fighters. Start a jazz thread and, dude, I'll be in residence there!

You may not like all of my opinions, but you've got to like that multi-sourced split quoting!

Toodle pip, everyone. Time to go to work!

hah hah ok i do like the multiple quoting. so hm a couple of things.

1) please ellaborate on your beethoven experience? i spotted comment that he sort of overshadows other artists? or are there musical reasons? please explain.

2) ive no idea about the pop thing of mr. g cos i never listen to it but last i heard people (who rate/overrate things) wuz callin' him jazz. jazz was pop music during a good chunk of the 20th century anyway. the foo fighters of jazz = diana krall? (& there are many others).

ok. need coffee. gotta go.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|