View Single Post
Old 09.08.2010, 05:11 PM   #12283
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
You'd consider INLAND EMPIRE to be worse than Dune?

i don't know what he considers, but damn, that is a tough call.

even though dune is a sloppily put together movie (the novel suits better the miniseries format than a feature film), lynch did some awesome shit in terms of imagery and visual style.

i recently rewatched the movie (it sucked), and re-read the novel, and realized the difficulties of making a movie out of it, and noticed that the changes made to the story were perhaps necessary and not completely terrible. even though a lot of shit has to be hurried via narration.

inland empire on the other hand looks like shit, has no story, and is a completely self-involved load of wank. i haven't watched it since it came out (no reason to get burned twice), and i wouldn't watch it again.

yes, yes, he's a "genius" and his turds are to be eaten like the dalai lama's, but a turd is a turd even if it's holy.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|