View Single Post
Old 05.19.2010, 04:31 PM   #20
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Not that its a bad thing as everyone needs something to identify with, but I just feel as if for many people Sonic Youth are the be all-is all band. They didn't invent noisy experimental rock. They are not responsible for every band that has approached music in similar ways since them.

Right now, Pissed Jeans are totally kicking their ass.

I do think Sonic Youth have reached an age to where they are stuck on a formula. Not such a terrible thing....just not what I once loved about the Youth. I would love to hear them do an acoustic record, or just play around w/ ideas they've only dabbled with. But, they aren't my band and I respect them for doing whatever it is they want to do. If I identify with it or not is another story. We shall see.

I'll always love them no matter what. They were my favorite band for something like ten years.
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|