View Single Post
Old 02.27.2013, 05:03 PM   #302
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
slavery was a condition of much of humanity, not just black folk, back when the constitution was written, and believe me, you need to do some research because the fight to ban slavery in the constitution was long and heavily contentious. The main reason it did not go through is that the main source of money for the colonies was the cotton being sold from the colonies in the South.

You may not be talking about banning all guns my friend, but the people behind the push for this truly are. Remember, trust no one, especially those who say they come to protect you.

on the subject of civil liberties there should never be any compromise. That is why I hate and decry shit like the Patriot Act, no-fly lists, etc, just like I decry people who want to disarm law abiding people.

No. By the time of the drafting of the Constitution ONLY black peoples were enslaved in the Americas. In fact, some Indian communities even owned black slaves too! However, we digress into an entirely different tangent here. I only brought up slavery to point out the historical hypocrisy and unreliability of the Constitution. I agree I don't trust ANYONE, which is particularly why I don't trust my fellow Americans with dangerous weapons. If I have to compromise and accept some weapons, they need to compromise and accept some restrictions. It must be a mutuality, and thus far, proponents have not accepted compromise which by default all Americans are currently accepting. Its simply not fair.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|