View Single Post
Old 06.02.2013, 12:56 PM   #45388
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
same

It's such a great album. Spiritualized is my favorite [existing, non defunct] rock band, and they've had a great career. Whenever a new album come out, I think "Oh, this is the best one yet," but as soon as I listen to Ladies and Gentlemen, that changes. It's like Pierce's Sgt. Pepper, and it just tears up everything else. The perfect fuck-you-I'm-stoned, heroin rock record.

Then again, it's the only Spiritualized album that really pushes the envelope universally. The rest of the Jason Pierce discography, Spacemen 3 included, is basically the same song played over and over again, with lyrics and backing instrumentation being the only real changing factor.
But that's one of the reasons why I love both bands.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|