Thread: LA recs??
View Single Post
Old 04.02.2017, 06:40 PM   #8
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
venice is boring. bunch of hobos in the street. the beach is pretty at sunset time but if you live in the pacific you've seen this. wait, you see it from the other side at sunrise. well.

i thought you meant out as in gay of course which is why i recommended west hollywood.

i still would recommend west hollywood. as its own kind of place in the universe.

isn't echo park some kind of cliché at this point? same hipster can be transplanted to any location. no fun. but i guess good place for breakfast.

go see all the immigrant food on fairfax avenue. in spite of what trump would have you believe, the us is still a country of immigrants

in SF, EAT, go see art, etc

i think there i'd be interested in the cultural outcroppings of the tech industry. that's what rules the town. it still has some old timey western roots of course but that's more of a curiosity now. tech is what's going on. like politics with DC.

in memphis, EAT--and listen to good, non-hipster music played by old people

in new orleans drink all day and get yourself a second line and there is more music than you can shake a stick at, but i doubt if many people around here would recognize its quality publicly.

not saying that they can't, it's not like they're deaf, a lot of good ears around here, but just, if people would just drop the posturings for a minute and listened to the notes and felt the sound in their meat packets-- new orleans is the mother lode of american music (so is in another way memphis of course, but eh, even harder to get people to pay attention to it)

in austin i don't know. it's not what it once was. i guess you can visit more echo park style hipster colonies in their respective neighborhoods.

oh hm if you need a hipster endorsement of memphis and new orleans watch jim jarmusch's "mystery train" and "down by law" before you even visit. and then listen to the commentary track where he says what he says about those places.

but those cities don't need jim jarmusch lol. it's more like he needed them. did a good job with them tough.
thanks for all o these symbols, much appreciated

obviously not equipped to really contribute much seeing as I haven't been yet but even from looking through stuff from here cali & austin seem like obscenely gentrified, everything seems like a tumblr. "real hipster colonies" indeed.

essentially wanna just go see the "true trashed amerika" which is why I wanna go to venice, and as a self-loathing gay west hollywood sounds like a riot.

is it true what they say about fresh produce not being a thing in massive parts of the states? concept of that's fucking terrifying.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|