View Single Post
Old 10.03.2015, 09:18 AM   #89
jframe
empty page

jframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's assesjframe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Punch the Clock and the follow-up Goodbye Cruel World are considered by fans and El Costello himself to be the lowest points of his career. Just saying.

It wouldn't matter to me if Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. rose from the dead and claimed that Punch the Clock is his least favorite album of all time. All that matters to me is my emotional reaction to just about every song on that album. That's proof enough for me that I absolutely love that album. And Trust, and Imperial Bedroom. Can't stand his first few albums. Haven't heard Goodbye Cruel World, but if Elvis groups it with Punch the Clock to be a low point, perhaps I might love it.

I went out of my way to specifically mention a few albums I love that get a bad wrap. For the most part, I love the same albums that everyone else does. For example, I love every Beatles album, just like everyone else (though Beatles for Sale is a bit weak).

The only other REM albums I've heard are Green, Out of Time, and Automatic. I only like about 5 songs on those albums, but I like everything on Monster. Perhaps someday I'll find another REM album I love. But I haven't been able to find a decent REM message board to bother about that yet.

I'll be back with some SY album reviews soon. I agree with Mortte that my review of Dirty doesn't do a good job of really describing what exactly it is about each song that I like or don't like. It's really difficult to put an emotional reaction to music into words, and especially a lack of emotional reaction. If I spent enough time meditating on it, maybe I could figure out how to do so. Or maybe I'll be better off not attempting that and just posting some shorter reviews.
jframe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|