View Single Post
Old 06.09.2015, 05:15 PM   #47836
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the same thing happened to me but i know nothing about the britishisms severian claims are in it-- it's the music not some coded message in the lyrics. still don't know what that song is about.

just like glooooooriaaa

(maybe that's what stole their thunder)

(though i found out what the lyrics were on that one)

also: lo-lo-lo-lo-looola

O + A

(the open vowels)

--

eta: also:

paranOIA the destrOIA

It's not secret code Brit propaganda, bro. It's just a song about "Victoria" as in Queen Victoria, who is used as a metaphor for England. It's just very British is all I'm saying. So much of their music was distinctly British- with references to Brit culture of both past and (then) present.

All of Arthur is about British Imperialism, war, nationalism and loss. The album is, after all, titled Arthur Or The Decline and Fall of the British Empire.

It's really not a subtle thing.

I feel weird and dizzy. Can't think straight. Hard to type. I'm not having a stroke am I?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|