View Single Post
Old 04.18.2006, 08:04 PM   #13
Proud Marie
little trouble girl

Proud Marie ain't too shabby
1. Positive: We had some immigrant workers work on our house for several months, they did a very good job and were very compliant. He had alot of opportunities to steal stuff from us but he didn't even though he is very desperate for money (if i were him i probably would have sadly), so he is easily a boon to our society. One time he ate my lunch though because he thought it was for him.
Negative: There were a bunch of immigrant kids at my old school. They really idolized gangs and threatened to beat up alot of white kids including myself, and even jumped one of my friends.

2. Not really. There is alot of stereotyping going on that tells me i should, but i know better. Except for the gangs at my old school, no.

3. Millions, which i know for a fact.
4. Because their country is a shithole and they have to come here to support their families. Alot of people dont understand this.

5. Immigration reform is not important to me. However, i know we cannot allow every one who wants to immigrate into our country, it will only make our country poor too. But in time perhaps, we can accept enough to make the situation better.

6. Deportation is the way to go for now. Jail time is extremely expensive and unless you feel like paying alot more taxes I wouldnt recomend it.

7. Immigrants should be allowed to take up permanant residence as long as the have a relitivly clean record, and they would have to take on the responsiblities of any other citizen. These are after all, the principles our country was based on.

8. I dont know, maybe more manpower, however im not sure this can do much to stop the collective will of all the immigrants.

I think that is fucking fascist. The jews had to have cards that said they were jewish before they started wearing Star of Davids.

The situation here is totaly different. Im fairly confident Schwarzenegger isnt going to start rounding up immigrants into camps and mass executing them.
I think national identity cards arnt going to solve much, it doesnt give back jobs to the people there before and solve the social problems they unintentionaly create.

10. Taxes, and laws apply to them all the same
11. I have visited Europe, but never Mexico
12. My dad came here from the Netherlands when he was 9.
13. Immigration is a mixed bag, there is cheap labor availability, but they also commit crimes and occupy jobs that displace other workers.
Proud Marie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|