View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 02:57 PM   #2
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
1. Have you, personally, been affected in any way (positively or negatively) by the presence of Mexican or Latino immigrants?

a. Both. My produce is at a nice price, Mexican girls are so beautiful, I love Mexican food, and find the migrant workers to be really nice & shy and just really sincere people. Negative? Overcrowded schools in Southern California making education a bit of a letdown.

2. Do you feel threatened in any way by the presence of immigrants?

a. Not at all.

3. How many undocumented immigrants to do think are currently in the United States?

a. Millions.

4. Why do you think people cross the border?

a. Because life in their respective country is not ideal living conditions, opportunity to make things happen in the US, better living condition & social programs.

5. There are a number of proposals for immigration reform being debated in Congress. How much of a priority is immigration reform to you?

a. I honestly don't find it a huge priority. I think there's plenty of wealth to go around. Fact is, we should be happy that people want to come to our country, legally or illegally. I'd rather kick out the legal citizens who do nothing to contribute to society but to bitch and complain about how "fucked up our country is" and "how they hate America". Give someone else your opportunity to live a better life. People in the US forget how great they have it here, which is why the world sees us as "spoiled Americans".

6. What kind of measures should be taken with those who are apprehended for being in the country illegally?

a. First, I would instill a federal/state program for inmates(all) to work manual labor(building houses, cleaning, landscaping, ditch digging, anything) half the money going to paying off debts they may have(civil courts, court costs, etc.), the other half they keep, all at minimum wage. For repeat offenders(illegal Immigrants) of violent crime, deport them. For offenders(illegal Immigrants) of white collar crimes, minor things, send them to jail. For those here illegally, give them social security cards but have it recorded they acquired citizenship illegally. This way, they will finally have federal taxes, contrute more taxwise, just like a legal citizen. Also easier to keep record of them.

(felony? jail term? deportation? amnesty?)

7. Do you think immigrants should have the opportunity to establish themselves as legal permanent residents? Under what conditions?

a. Sure, don't they already? They're immigrants.

8. Although there is much debate, most people believe that something needs to be done to monitor immigration and maintain control of the border. What do you think should be done? What would be your solution?

a. More federal money from Washington. CA gets little to no help from the Gov't, yet CA is affected the most because of illegal immigration.

9. Do you believe that national identity cards are a good idea and might help solve the problems?

a. I thought we have those...aren't they called "State ID/Drivers License"???

10. What responsibilities, if any, do you think immigrants have to the U.S.?

a. Illegal? Or Immigrants in general? Illegal immigrants should have the same responsibilities as a normal citizen. Don't break the law(well the other laws), enjoy the country, take advantage of the opportunities, contribute back to society, etc.

11. Have you had any experience living in or visiting another culture? Have you had any experience in Mexico?

a. Yes. I used to go to Ensenada and TJ alot to drink and go to sleazy strip clubs. TJ is alot of fun!

12. Have any of your family members emigrated from another country in recent generations?

a. Parents from Japan.

13. What kind of effect do you think immigrants have on the U.S.? Positive? Negative?

a. Illegal? Good and bad. I think they've taught us alot about their culture, but some bad apples also make jails even more overcrowded and give a bad name. Enough cannot be said about produce in the market and it's not just the US who have taken advantage of labor. South America is much worse when it comes to labor in produce.

People are quick to judge America because we outsource. People also forget that although the labor is cheaper than in the US, it is still pretty good pay for a factory worker in their respective countries. Paying factory workers much more could cause "teachers", policemen, firefighters, doctors and others in important professions to quit their jobs to become "factory workers". Then the US gets blamed for causing a country to go "dumb".

Our country is not perfect and our gov't is not either, but I personally am fucking glad to be living in the US. I personally don't think there's another country that can offer the education that I want, the resources to make things happen that I want, the entrepreneural spirit that I want, the ability to turn my life around. I've lived in Japan and love it(I'm Japanese), but the US, for all the bad it may have, is a hell of a country that heavily outweighs the bad.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|