View Single Post
Old 06.09.2015, 06:03 PM   #46839
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I feel weird and dizzy. Can't think straight. Hard to type. I'm not having a stroke am I?

do you smell toast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I totally get the language barrier thing, but you're really missing a big piece of what made Kinks so special if you entirely ignore the words.

Long ago, life was clean
Sex was bad, called obscene
And the rich were so mean
Stately homes for the Lords
Croquet lawns, village greens
Victoria was my queen
Victoria! Victoria!

But yeah. "Lick Bore Ee Uh!" might be just as catchy off the bat.

longooooria

that's good lyrics-- though not as funny as "lola"-- we used to scream it drunk--- i had a friend actually named lola-- none of us knew then the song was about gender panics (or lack thereof).

if wish you read spanish so you could read josé agustín's "de perfil" which is a novel about upper middle class mexican kids from the 60s forming rocanrroll bands-- it's full of innumerable superfunny moments, and the transcription of one of the kids (the narrator i think) mouthing the words of a song in english gave me bellyaches with laughter.

i can't replicate it here because it takes a genius for prose plus you'd have to hear it from spanish. the closest approximation i could think of is cornholio.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|