Thread: Low-"C'mon"
View Single Post
Old 05.01.2012, 08:34 PM   #140
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Holy shit, that is indeed pretty expensive. It's almost the exact equivalent of what is charged for some lame festivals with only a decent name on the line-up around here, though. In case you catch them (although it will be reasonable if you wouldn't), please do not forget to tape. I found it too disappointing that none of their short sets opening for Death Cab For Cutie were recorded apparently. They brought back "Shots And Ladders" and who knows what else, and played "Words" with Ben Gibbard on guitar and vocals at one show, which I'd be curious to hear (hopefully he didn't actually butchered it). Seems like Low will be taking a rest for a while, and Alan and Steve will focus on touring briefly with Retribution Gospel Choir. Last I heard, Eric Pollard was looking for a label to release his solo record as Actual Wolf. There are also a few performances already booked by The Murder Of Crows (one of which will include visual accompaniment by the work of silk painting artist, Lee Zimmerman), and according to Gaelynn Lea there is a possibility that they might record an album sometime in the summer, or even sooner.

Poster for The Murder Of Crows' upcoming performance at Homegrown Festival in Duluth, MN, on May 5th; by Shawn Stigsell:

Details about "A Murder In Silk", a collaborative performance between The Murder Of Crows and Lee Zimmerman on June 1st and 2nd, 2012:
http://www.duluthplayhouse.org/index...emid=68#Murder