View Single Post
Old 05.17.2016, 06:36 AM   #1961
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...coloring-book/

Highest score this year, along with the new Radiohead (which I think they overrated a bit). Well deserved.

Yeah, even higher than Pablo, for fuck's sake! Which I MIGHT agree with on a strictly song by song basis simply because of Pablo filler like "I love Kanye", but I do think it's a stretch. Coloring Book is to Pablo what Pusha's MNIMN was to Yeezus. I don't think we'd have the album as it sounds or exists without Kanye's to set the tone. Also, I don't think this album has anything that's as musically extraordinary as Famous, Real friends or (especially) Fade.

Still, that's gotta be the highest rating they've ever given to a "mixtape." Correct me if I'm wrong, but not even golden era Wayne (Dedication, Draught) came close to scoring so high.

Whatever though. S'all good.

And yeah, they definitely overrated A Moon Shaped Pool a bit/lot. Both TLOP and Coloring Book are much better. Radiohead should have been given an 8.1-2 at best. Just my opinion.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|