View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 10:25 AM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Some good points here -- it's INSANE to watch mainstream films from the 70's; been watching lots of Sidney Lumet lately.. y'know, Network, Dog Day Afternoon, and so on.. and they're great, but they feel like they're from ANOTHER FUCKING PLANET compared to films coming out nowadays.

Very true. It truly is as if hollywood has diluted their "art" so much to try to create mass-appeal fodder. This is a strange thing to see, because there are so many awesoe movies being mae, yet, comparing the big budget primo studio flicks from the 70's to the big budget flicks of today is sad. Think about the artistry inherent in soemthing like th Godfather. It came from the director, from the cinematographer, from the use of extremely thought out visual/musical/audio cues to inform the audience.
Then you compare that to a similarly budgeted movie from today like AVATAR, which was all flash, using every pssible gadget and trick in the book but no fucking artistry. No fucking real humanity. It was basically a fucking saturday morning cartoon for adults, equally inane, equally devoid of anything deeper than bumper-sticker platitudes.

What's the last great, multi-character, multi-plot-line, intelligent studio masterpiece the hollywood studios have put out? I wonder.