View Single Post
Old 04.02.2006, 05:55 PM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
Trust me, I am not a "cop" at my school at all. I simply have to play the cop from time to time when I see a situation like the one I described before (a kid kicks the mentally handicapped kid in the balls). Otherwise, I'm generally focused solely on providing as much potential for knowledge as possible for my students. There are times, though, that shit goes down that needs to be looked at as an authority figure, not as a buddy.

oh cool, i didn't understand that from your initial posts. about being an authority figure though, i have to say there are different types of authority figures, and the "benevolent pa" seems to have worked for me. think atticus finch.

if say you witness the ball kicking incident & display sorrow (& say how uncool that is) instead of outrage, it might make a point w/ a student that connects to you and doesn't want to disappoint you. yeah i know there are a lot of little sociopaths out there. just wanted to share since i hve a lot of time to kill right now hah hah.

ok, let's go back to politics.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|