Thread: Drug Problems
View Single Post
Old 08.20.2008, 01:21 PM   #66
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
!@#$%! - Re treating underlying causes....agree in principle, but I know from very bitter personal experience just how near-impossible it can be sometimes. Emotional pain and sadness can be SO overwhelming that turning to alcohol/weed (in my case) was the only way I could numb my senses. It's FAR harder to face up to your personla shit - I know, because I finally did it this year (it was why I was away from here for so long...) - ANYONE going through that right now has my empathies and support. I wouldn't tell people what to do - God knows, I didn't listen to anyone for the best part of ten years - instead, I would do what I never got for a long while - I would LISTEN to these people, no matter how upsetting/horrible it might be for me...
i dont know man, about the first part of your message, i found it more difficult to live with chronic emotional troubles than to get cured. in my case it was a lack of understanding of my situation that kept me going for numbness (weed, booze, tv, the internet) rather than being alive and cured after doing some hard work. what i mean is that i was self0-destructive and eventually ready to off myself before i finally started clawing my way out of the hole. and then i much rather would have avoided the years & years of piled-up damage now i am working to undo. so while it might be hard to face these troubles on your own, there are people who know how to provide support for these painful cures, so one doesn't have to go through surgery without anesthetics. i'm just saying, it was well worth it getting unstuck-- it's the best education i ever got. now the last sentence you wrote i did not understand, please forgive me if i ask for a re-explain.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|