View Single Post
Old 05.24.2015, 03:21 PM   #18735
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ i've read great reviews of the new mad max. not sure how true they are till i see it myself but yours is encouraging. won't bother going to the shitty movie theatres around which means i'll have to wait for the blu-ray. looking forward to that.

===

yesterday:

TROIS COULEURS: ROUGE (kieslowski 1994) . this rounds up the trilogy and ended the director's career (he died a couple of years later, he looked fucking ancient but was only in his 50s). while this was a lot less spectacular than the first two films, irène jacob's face sort of makes up for that with the brute force of her beautiful profile in almost every scene-- lips & more lips. it gets annoying, but it still works-- her face is too beautiful to fail, and she plays this sort of innocent otherwordly angelic presence, so it works.

while i originally found this one disappointing vs. the others because of its narrower confines, simpler narrative, and the lesser performance of its protagonist, it now it strikes me as possibly the best of the three films, because of the way it addresses the implicit theme of "fraternity"-- plus, it adds an interesting variation to the double life of véronique through the judge character-- jean louis trintignant is great here, he deserved more screen time. 5/5, really a masterpiece on its own, but as the last of the three films it just creates an amazing moral/metaphysical universe that's like nothing else in film.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|