Thread: Sonic 2018
View Single Post
Old 06.28.2018, 03:58 AM   #70
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnpgt
but wasn't this originally supposed to be released as a 2x10" + DVD ??
perhaps the video(s) will only be shared on youtube? I checked the hifiklub site and it doesn't (yet?) mention that a video release is planned

here's a Google translation of the French text:
Quote:
The film-portrait of the American musician Lee Ranaldo comes in the filmic form of a drift in the city where he lives, records, and which he has seen evolving underground and surface during the last thirty years: New York City. In the streets of the city, in the labyrinth of corridors and oars of the metro, in the studios, lofts or workshops of his friends and collaborators, several cameras in the fist follow somehow in the crowd Lee Ranaldo who meets, accompanied by any the film crew, these more or less recognized personalities in the world of music and visual arts. The brief discussions which float in the ambient hubbub narrate in a lacunary manner his personal and musical history.

On the screen are Davide Balula, Bob Bert, Thom DeJesu, Don Fleming, John Giorno, Dan Graham, Mark Ibold, Alan Licht, Aaron Mullan, Phill Niblock, Sarah Register and Leah Singer.

Hifiklub and Lee Ranaldo compose the soundtrack of the film, recorded during the shooting at Echo Canyon West, a Sonic Youth studio in Hoboken, New Jersey. The pieces, which include several collaborations with Ranaldo's close associates, attempt to reflect the various contiguous aspects of the artist's musical work throughout his career.

This film closes a trilogy started in Nashville in 2011 with R. Stevie Moore (I Am A Genius And There 's Nothing I Can Do It About) and continued in 2013 in Los Angeles with Alain Johannes (Make Gods Laugh Plans).

EDIT:
the purchase comes with a download link to the movie.

I guess this comes lateron as of now I only got links to the wav and mp3 downloads o the album:
Quote:
Clear & Black Splatter Vinyl + Digital: $ 18.00 Limited to 550 hand-numbered copies. Includes stream + download of the complete movie and instant download of full album MP3 + WAV.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|