View Single Post
Old 08.27.2019, 08:05 AM   #6
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
ok, I couldn't stop and came up with the following:

18. Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti
19. Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage

To be honest I don't know Sheik Yerbouti yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be a fun listen. Joe's Garage certainly is. And then I thought: you could probably fill the entire list with Frank Zappa albums. Just to prove my point, I was curious how far I could get, from top to bottom in his discography. I've left in some of the duplications, but many were left out more or less randomly (especially the regular albums that have just under 12 tracks or so). Conclusion: only two open spots!:

01. Congress Shall Make No Law... [Ok, I cheated with this one. But the first track has the same name, and it's a good starter]
02. Conceptual Continuity [Ok, I cheated with this one too. This album is part of a boxset named Beat the Boots! II]
03. London Symphony Orchestra Vol. II [Ok, I cheated a bit with this one. The C version has compiled both volumes]
04. Waka/Jawaka / London Symphony Orchestra Vol. I
05. Just Another Band from L.A. / The Grand Wazoo
06. Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch
07. Over-Nite Sensation
08. Jazz from Hell
09. Lumpy Gravy (1967 version) / Apostrophe (')
10. Chunga's Revenge / Roxy & Elsewhere
11. Mothermania (the CD reissue has 15 tracks) / Cruising with Ruben & the Jets
12. Fillmore East – June 1971
13. Everything Is Healing Nicely / Finer Moments
14. Freak Out! / Them or Us
15. Mothermania (the CD reissue) / Tinsel Town Rebellion
16. Trance-Fusion
17. Francesco Zappa
18. Sheik Yerbouti
19. We're Only in It for the Money / Joe's Garage / The Yellow Shark
20. Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar / You Are What You Is / You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 2
21. Greasy Love Songs
22. Lumpy Gravy (1968 version) / Thing-Fish
23. Philly '76
25. You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 3 / Make a Jazz Noise Here
26. Läther / Buffalo
27. FZ:OZ
28. Uncle Meat / You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 1 / The Best Band You Never Heard in Your Life
30. The Lost Episodes / AAAFNRAA: Baby Snakes – The Compleat Soundtrack (iTunes release only)
31. Understanding America
32. Guitar
34. 200 Motels / You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 4 / Carnegie Hall
35. Mystery Disc
37. You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 6
38. You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 5
41. Civilization Phaze III

Perhaps I'll listen to these albums in September I've got a big fascination with Frank Zappa, and only know a very small amount of his albums. I've listened to a bunch of live bootlegs though.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|