View Single Post
Old 02.23.2017, 01:09 PM   #20712
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It'd be the other candidate for sure. I watched Raging Bull again a few months ago and my only tiny criticism of it is the actual boxing scenes don't always work for me.

well yeah they're a bit fake but they're fake like the shooting at the end of taxi driver is fake and the killings in the wild bunch are fake.

slowed-down, zoomed-in ultraviolence.

(yes, i threw in the wild bunch there, on purpose. peckinpah was first.)

anyway there's a point to it though, which is-- to highlight it.

because until then movies we "bang, you're dead" and little children pointing the finger at each other was just children's games they learned from tv

guns were toys, punches were toys

but after that--

the pointed pistol-finger has come to mean what it really always had meant but we were not allowed to see. now the people doing those gestures aren't little kids in the playground anymore.

sure those scenes in raging bull they're fake but they're brilliantly fake, like good art should be.

but okay, i get that maybe you see the fakery so much that you can't feel it anymore. fair enough. that shit can happen. especially after countless immitations and repetitions wear it out.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|