View Single Post
Old 09.06.2016, 01:55 AM   #135
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I don't own Walls Have Ears in any format. I have heard it, but the fact that the band doesn't approve of its existence makes me uncomfortable. However, it is a really strong live record. I'm not entirely sure why the band disavowed it, but it must have more to do with respect than with the quality of the thing. Had it not been bootlegged, I think the band may well have made an official live release out of at least some of the material. It's just irrefutably powerful.

I haven't heard SY on the radio in forever. Unless you count Internet "radio" a la Spotify and Apple Music and the like. In which case SY pops up a lot on the stations I've started and listened to.
Walls of Ears as a bootleg is a kind of tricky question. Anyway the first edition is released from the blast first and even the band asked to withdrawn it, they allowed to sell that pressing. Also these days Chris has put it into SY discographs into live albums, so I think band now thinks itīs ok release. Only thing what makes it little "bootie" still is that almost all the songs are the familiar ones, but first I get the impression there are to me never before heard material. So my interest lost little bit, because there are those good lives from the almost same time (live at the continental club, Hold that tiger). Also it seems only way to get it is to buy it and the first edition is expensive (from 50 to 100 euros). So I think I just listen the material that is in youtube from it and concentrate lot more to the other great albums!

I am not also a bootie collector, but have some, mostly material that hasnīt released anywhere else and quality is ok. You can always think for example Stooges Metallic K.O. is not ok release (Iggy wasnīt aware of itīs coming) but I think itīs absolutely fabulous!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|