View Single Post
Old 12.29.2019, 12:44 AM   #55
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ah, that one was a big letdown for me unfortunately, i wanted to like it but it bored me a little, like it was trying to be more normal. it wasn’t bad, i might like it some day, maybe, but milk eye mender and Ys remain the definitive ones for me.

Ys actually i heard before all of milk eyed mender i think, i had a track from MEM in a compilation but not the full album. so i went straight to Ys first. it was in a record store (they still existed) i put on the headphones and my first reaction to the ethereal weirdness and complexity of it all was “bjork ripoff” and ok, it wasn’t really, but you know, closest reference, some influences i guess, but i walked away thinking i had a better use for the money that day, came back the following week, listened again, went home with it, then later returned for milk eyed mender which is easier/catchier but still bizarre. Ys takes work, you gotta sit down for it, it’s not a singalong while you chop vegetables. difficult, demanding, but worth it. milk-eye mender, sure, let’s make beer while we play it or something, still so unusual, refreshing, and it holds over time.

but after Ys, i don’t know, the music is not bad, but it doesn’t blow me away anymore, and the clock keeps ticking so i have to make choices, focus, etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|