View Single Post
Old 08.19.2009, 06:47 PM   #33
mysonichaircut
children of satan

mysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by o'connor
ya know how alot of people on here hated rather ripped... well i think i hate the eternal even more. i personally liked rather ripped, but the eternal just seems like a great disappointment to me. it just doesn't sound like sonic youth to me, which i usually welcome, but the eternal just sounds, for lack of a better word, goofy to me. there's the obvious stooges influence on it, but it just comes off wrong to me. i dunno, i only like the lee and kim songs on it (and not all of teh kim songs either), but the thurston songs just sound horrible to me. i don't like the new singing style he's using. i really felt let down by this cd, i'd been looking forward to a new SY cd for a long time, and then i get it and it wasn't up to par in my opinion. oh well, i'm sure the next album will be killer (keeping my fingers crossed on that one though). i even pre-ordered it, and that live LP sounded like shit, it was all muddy. the cover was cool though. anybody wanna buy my copy of the live LP?

Nice to meet someone with ears. Its true, its the most stupid thing they ever did. I remember, when i first listened to sy and someone entered my room, i felt embaressed caus i knew he/she/it would be pertubed about the noise. Now i feel the same, but because of the stupid melodies - as if someone would see me dancing to Christina Aguilera. But i like to see how they enjoy playing it. And i DO like almost 1 Minute of Walkin Blue, 30 Seconds of Malibu Gas Stations, 10 Seconds of No Way - and some of Massage the History too.
mysonichaircut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|