View Single Post
Old 03.19.2013, 05:32 AM   #1338
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Magic Fingers"
Just saw Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds a couple of weeks ago (twas very good) and now just waiting to see Iggy & The Stooges next week here in Melbourne, and then The Drones next month...

Hopefully this will make up somewhat for missing out on our local instalment of All Tomorrow's Parties. Missed out on Einstürzende Neubauten, The Swans, Thee Oh Sees, My Bloody Valentine and a bunch of other bands. Oh well....
how fucking good were the bad seeds that night? absolutely on fire, although they still didn't top grinderman for me. the new stuff translated really well, which I found quite surprising.

saw the drones the other night with crazy horse, best live band in australia at the moment (save perhaps my disco). you're in for a fucking treat.

to be completely honest, I had seen every band on that bill and while I loved atp none of the bands' performances stood up to the prior occasion on which I had seen them (except for htrk, saw them 3 times that week and they absolutely shat on those other shows). mbv at the palace was maybe the best show I've ever been to, perfect in every aspect, although as an enormous fan I'm ridiculously biased.

atp release the bats melbourne, october: the jesus lizard (!), the breeders playing last splash, sleep, fuck buttons, lightning bolt, total control, the scientists + others and more tbc.

the only gripe I had with ibym was that the lineup was too homogenous, as it really is fucking exhausting to watch hours and hours of noise rock acts after another in what is essentially a tin shed at 40+ degrees. looks like they've gone for a similar approach here but it's in october so it should all be shweet.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|