Thread: Swans
View Single Post
Old 11.13.2010, 01:37 PM   #134
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
What kind of academic paper are you writing that includes the history of Swans?? Very curious. Did you ever find some good quality text online or elsewhere that helped you ?

Torn Curtain: Wow...thank you. Awesome, awesome taste of this tour.

Well, if I could've found something on them then the answer would've been 'it's to do with patristic dogmatic apophatic theology refracted through post-Nietzschian truth values in Swans 'Beautiful Child' - viz, essentially, their rendering of Abraham/ Ibrahim is non-denominational and a non-affirmative, and 'authentically' postmodern (unlike Cave's Christic narratology). I think I might be wrong about this though - their Abraham is pretty much indistinguishable from the Abraham of Kierkegaard's fear and trembling.'

As it stands, the answer is probably more like 'I think they're pretty neat'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|