View Single Post
Old 01.06.2008, 10:43 AM   #44
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
If this filter is to be effective, that is what will be required.
How do you figure that, do you even know what free speech means? It doesn't cover criminal activity.

Lets not even start on criminal activity when in every state but South Australia recreational drug use is jailable. Under current laws if I was to say I am planning an activity that could be considered an act of terror even jokingly that I can be arrested, held without charge, and questioned in a manner that asis does not need to divulge. There is a difference between the so called legislation of "free speech" and actual free speech. You said yourself that there should be no censorship at all on any media but are willing to condemn things that are deemed illegal whether they are justified or not, such as the sedition laws. Making laws in themselves take away the rights of human beings and animals as sentient beings.

All these issues of censorship are broached with every new transmission medium that appears, the biggest difference with this one is that the ramifications were not thought about prior to releasing such a beast onto the public. All the arguments occured both in the inital era of television, and radio and also books and magazines. I saw the introduction of parental guidance stickers on music and vision and people were having the same argument then. I don't know who or what has you so fearful but I did notice some of those against censoring the internet in the news webs you placed up were scared australia would turn into a complete nanny state like Mianmar. Again these people are illinformed due to the fact we donot live under a dictatorship. All I can say is if it bothers you so much take to the streets and protest ouitside of parliament, you will actually realise how small an issue this really is. You also underestimate the ability of people to create other outlets. Maybe there will be a rennaisance of streetpress and fanzines. All in all, having filters put on the internet is not going to effect my way of living at all.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|