View Single Post
Old 02.08.2012, 08:23 AM   #15414
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I can understand that. I wouldn't really "defend" it since I already mentioned it isn't my kind of film. But... in its defense (oh shit, already contradicted myself) I think it executed what it was going for almost perfectly. You know... the making it look as real as possible approach. There were little things I noticed that kind of made what was happening creepier... I tend to absorb every little detail when I'm watching a film sometimes. For example... while they're slicing the womans body parts at the end there's a close up of one of the chicks wearing a mask and shes sliding her tongue over her mouth and laughing hysterically while looking right at the gruesome scene. I did quite enjoy the atmosphere particularly in the abdicated building where the victims were kept. So... I don't know. Solid film, in my opinion. I wouldn't say it's "great" though. I'm more than certain you know more than I do when it comes to horror films. Which would you recommend that were around the same time as this?

Haha, there's always a back and forth of replies whenever LHoDES gets mentioned here. I definitely don't hate it and I always end up saying I should watch it again - it's been ages since I last saw it on an nth generation pirate VHS copy, so I hardly gave it the best of chances.

Noisereductions, Atsonic and Dr Felix are more able to recommend Horror movies from that era than I am but I doubt you'll find that many quite like LHoDEs.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|