View Single Post
Old 05.05.2010, 05:12 PM   #11
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
some. not in depth. i think i have some mild understanding of deleuze - capitalism and schizohprenia specifically. i had a go at reading critique of pure reason but haha... no way. i read some neitzsche but im not really interested in that, doesnt seem very useful. also tried spinoza's ethics and had the same results. i really tried with that one after k punks recommendations! no results. i like baudrillard a lot and some zizek, except his weird facism, racism, sexism, homophobia, and the actual substance behind his talks which seems to be saying "be selfish, dont give to charity, we just need more theory, do nothing, go analyse more commodities to write articles as pointless as consuming them in the first place". he supports the war in afghanistan so fuck that. i really really like tiqqun/tci/call and read that the most. and marx but i havent read him in any kind of depth.

anyway.

my suspicions is that there is some massive error in the way im thinking or that possibly im operating under a different assumption from everyone i try to read. there are specific questions i have about the self and how its treated in western philosophy, as i used to read some buddhist stuff and they teach the self as something impermanent and illusiory. the way deleuze talks about the schizophrenic seems almost quaint, like its simply a matter of an intact sense of self which plays language games with its interlocuters. my experience of that is much different. then so im thinking, am i making some error in my thinking or what. it makes no sense to me that deleuze could see schizophrenia as able to provide any resistance to capitalism. i see it almost the opposite. maybe i don't understand deleuze. see what im saying here barely makes any sense! thats why i need to talk to someone about it ha. so the questions i want to ask are basically about the self. but its complicated and i dont want to go into it all here. its not even about deleuze really. its just some thread i seem to be seeing in all the philosophy i read that doesnt make sense to me.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|