View Single Post
Old 11.11.2016, 11:17 AM   #1698
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
Elections, referendums... the Left keep losing. why?

In the UK, they're completely out of touch with the opinions of working class people. Your average working class family in the UK do NOT like Corbyn-led Labour.

The Left need to sort their shit out soon. Too much division, too out of touch with popular working class sentiment about things like immigration, too much time spent on things that appeal to middle class college/uni kids but not to REAL working people, the core who they should be looking towards for votes. I fear it's gonna turn into an even worse shitshow if they don't get their act together.

well, college kids educated professionals are real people too, but otherwise i agree with you. too much identity politics and not enough class issues.

part of the problem though is that at least in america a lot of the working class don't think they're actually working class-- they're think they're just temporarily embarrassed millionaires waiting for the big time- so-- don't tax the rich! i'll be one soon! and people vote against their own interests.

it would take some sort of... political reeducation for people to start to see the light again. but then the republicans would call it-- class warfare, an attack on job creators, communist indoctrination, etc. and they could be half-right.

it's a tricky situation. has to be done right or it will explode in people's faces.

IDEALLY you'd have business, government and labor working together, but the anglo-american model seems to be based on confrontation rather than cooperation.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|