View Single Post
Old 12.18.2010, 03:15 PM   #36
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I can't even begin to describe how much I loved his music. I was lucky enough to see the Magic Band at ATP 2003 which was the first time I ever heard Beefhearts music. It was a bitter sweet moment because at the time I was a new listener and if I got to see them later I would have appreciated it so much more.

I think what I loved so much about him was that he had a larger than life aura. He would push all of the limits in music then throw out a beautiful moment that anyone could listen to. Harry Irene and Too Much Time were perfect examples. All of the stories of him are legendary. The whole child prodigy sculptor, meeting Zappa, standing up to a guy with a crossbow in his face, just so good! I'm gonna rock some Beefheart all day today. RIP DVV.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|