View Single Post
Old 03.20.2010, 03:38 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
beginning of the diamond sea?

no, thats an envelope filter (as used commonly by Hendrix or Jerry Garcia) also called an 'auto-wah'

the auto-ya-ya from digitech is the same kind of thing, but it doesn't pick up on the striking dynamics as an envelope filter. It strictly modulates the notes being played themselves.

but I can't see anything musical about it. The Envelope Filter I use constantly (after all I am a deadhead) and I am in love with it for Reggae lead guitar, I only use my 'wah' pedal on reggae rhythms to add to the 'ka-chank' melody (the wah adds a kind of swooshing sound) but the Auto-Ya-Ya is always pointless to me..

That guitar solo on TOOL "vicarious" is the only true musical thing I have heard, and it just sounds like a distorted human voice..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|