View Single Post
Old 04.12.2014, 03:53 PM   #74
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I agree, but that's not my point.

My point is, if you're going to do it, do it right.

And my most objective self sees SY as a band that has garnered enough attention, rave reviews and praise from a wide variety of successful musicians to warrant a spot. And for all the ground they broke, seems they deserve one.

Again, I live an hour from there and I have gone ZERO times. The whole thing could catch on fire tomorrow and I'd give a fuck.

But if it has to exist, make room for a band that blazed as many trails as, say, R.E.M. The story of rock, if that's what they're trying to tell, is simply incomplete without SY.

I can't see them wanting to be on stage together, picking up an award or playing, at the moment. See Blondie's bitter, awkward induction into the hall of fame (fall-out with two ex-members) to see problems that could ensue.

R.E.M on the other hand are a dead cert.
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|