Thread: atsonicpark
View Single Post
Old 10.23.2009, 01:02 AM   #11
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yesssss!!!

I have a specific query. A good friend of mine confessed (confessed versus laid out, because she is the type that appears quite perfect in a non-condescending, cute and awesome, audrey hepburn kind of way) that she has OCD and that its been coming back after many years of it being out. I tried to ask in what ways they come back but she wouldnt offer details, and I tried to throw a bone about how she could hate herself so much for having it (its not what you are, its what you make of it kinda thing) but she is having a pretty hard time with it. She is close to breaking the hell down. I dont take her emotions for granted, shes not the type to just flail for the hell of it. Meaning...I only know about it because it is at the breaking point.

Without many personal details, I was just wondering if you could advise me on how to take care of her. I mean, I hate that she feels bad about herself. I want to protect her from thinking that OCD is some kind of flaw. It isnt, for fucks sakes. You were the first person I thought of. Have you ever felt especially self-consicous about OCD in the first place? Many apologies if you dont want to talk about it.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|